Check the link below and scroll down the list to see where you can get tested tomorrow. I'll be going up to Kaitaia hospital to get my self-imposed weekly brain tickle - aka surveillance test. MAURI ORA!
TE HIKU HAUORA WILL ALSO BE COVID TESTING TOMORROW - Wednesday 3rd November at:
1. Eastern Clubrooms in Taipa from 10-2
2. Waitomo Papakainga in Kaitaia from 2-5pm
REMINDER: Testing also available today at
- Awanui Rugby Clubrooms: 9am-2pm
- Kaitaia hospital 8am - 4pm
Both venues will stay open longer if needed.
ONCE TESTED, STAY HOME TILL YOU GET A CLEAR RESULT
We have been working with the DHB’s testing team and can now confirm there will be two testing sites in our rohe tomorrow (Rāapa 3rd October). SEE PHOTO BELOW FOR VENUES & TIMES.
We’re still working on other options to increase accessibility to testing facilities. Watch this space.
LOCATION OF INTEREST: Manaaki on 25 Cafe Kaitaia 25 Commerce Street, Kaitaia
DATES & TIMES: Friday 29 October 8:00 am - 8:45 am
ADVICE: Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms for 14 days after you were exposed at this location of interest. If symptoms develop, get a test and stay at home until you get a negative test result AND until 24 hours after symptoms resolve.
So, now that COVID has snuck into our rohe, how prepared are you if it comes through your door? These rauemi have been put together to help you prepare for the worst while hoping for the best. Kei a koutou.
1. https://www.docdroid.com/9Of4TMa/managing-covid-in-your-home-and-timelin... - MANAGING COVID IN YOUR HOME & COVID SYMPTOMS TIMELINE: compiled by Dr Gabrielle Moss (Te Whanau Moana Te Rorohuri), GP and member of our Ngati Kahu Health Portfolio.
Public Health interviewing, tracing and contacting close contacts and locations of interest now.
• Keep your whānau and hapū safe.
• No blame on the victims - ka aroha kia ratou.
• Be kind.
• Wear masks indoors and in crowds.
• Practice strict sanitising and hygiene.
• Practice social distancing.
• Scan QR codes or sign in wherever you go.
• Turn your phone Bluetooth on.
• Get vaccinated.
• Stay home if you are unwell.
For the record and anyone who doesn't yet know the facts, here are the findings of the government's own Waitangi Tribunal on how the whenua at Maheatai (Taipa) was stolen (taken wrongly) by the Crown and why it must be returned to Ngati Kahu. This history must be taught in every school in Ngati Kahu. Kia maia Kelvin Davis.
RIRO WHENUA ATU, HOKI WHENUA MAI: “Of course nothing is easy in the bureaucratic world. Our option is that we are hoping to buy the land back and landbank it for Ngāti Kahu,” said Davis (Taitokerau MP).
To read the full story, click https://www.stuff.co.nz/pou-tiaki/300441833/government-to-consider-buyin...
THE LINK BELOW IS TO THE NGATI KAHU PANDEMIC RESPIONSE PLAN WHICH WAS UPDATED ON 17TH AUGUST 2021. Please feel free to share this with your networks.
KO TE AMORANGI KI MUA, KO TE HAPAI O KI MURI