Urgent update especially for whānau and loved ones in Tāmaki Makaurau:
NEW COVID COMMUNITY CASES REPORTED TODAY IN AUCKLAND:
1. Today there are three new COVID-19 community cases all linked to the Papatoetoe High School Case.
2. One was reported earlier this morning and two later this afternoon; these two are both siblings of the earlier morning positive case.
3. The Ministry of Health said the siblings are a teenager and an infant.
Locations of interest:
• Kmart Botany, East Auckland, Friday, 19 February and Monday, 20 February between 4pm-10pm.
• Anyone who visited Kmart Botany at those times is considered a casual plus contact.
• These are contacts that were previously considered casual contacts but have been upgraded due to the risk of the more transmissible strains of the virus.
• Casual plus contacts are advised to immediately isolate at home and call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 for advice on isolation time frames and testing requirements.
• The other location and times of interest is Dark Vapes in East Tamaki on Friday, 19 February between 2.30pm-4pm, and Saturday, 20 February between 7pm-8.30pm.
• Other locations of interest for these three new cases will be notified when available.
Kia mataara e te whānau
We strongly urge our whānau in Tāmaki Makaurau and especially those who live in Papatoetoe area to be extra vigilant, extra careful and take every precaution you can to prevent the risk of getting this virus.
CONCLUSION: Te Rūnanga-ā-Iwi o Ngāti Kahu must and will support as best we can all measures designed to stay ahead of the curve and to address the higher risks posed to our people by COVID.
We gratefully acknowledge the tautoko of Te Rūnanga o Te Rarawa CEO and comms who allowed us to adapt and use the message in blue. Nāku te rourou nāu te rourou ka ora ai te iwi.
KO TE AMORANGI KI MUA, KO TE HĀPAI Ō KI MURI
Te Rūnanga-ā-Iwi o Ngāti Kahu
P O Box 392 Kaitāia 0410
21A Parkdale Cres, Kaitāia
Phone: 09 4083013
Fax: 09 4083093
Cell: 027 6960930