Yesterday (Monday 11th May 2020), the Prime Minister announced that the country would transition from Pandemic Alert Level 3 to Alert Level 2 in three stages and with strict controls and protocols in place.
Today we encourage all our whānau, hapū and marae, if you have not already done so, to plan and put in place tikanga that address:
1. EXPANDING Whānau Bubbles;
2. RE-OPENING & RE-ENTERING Marae, Schools / Kura, Businesses and Public Spaces;
3. MAINTAINING a Risk Management Plan that recognises that COVID-19 is still a threat;
4. MANAGING Tangihanga and other Hui;
5. MEETING Essential Needs;
6. PROTECTING Vulnerable Whānau;
7. PREPARING for Future Emergencies.
Over the next few days and weeks, we will share templates and rauemi / resources designed to support you and your whānau / hapū / marae / as you navigate te ara hakamua through a mana motuhake lens.
KO TE AMORANGI KI MUA – KO TE HAPAI O KI MURI