(RELEASED MONDAY 30 MARCH 2020)
Tēnā hoki koutou,
This is the freefone number for any Ngāti Kahu whānau living anywhere in Aotearoa New Zealand who are seeking support during the COVID-19 rāhui (lockdown).
Q: WHAT DOES THAT SUPPORT COVER?
A: Depending on where you live, support could be:
1. Needs assessment and delivery of essential supplies or vouchers by our essential workers in Auckland, Whangarei or Te Hiku.
2. Needs assessment and referral to another agency in another region.
Q: WILL EVERY WHANAU GET ACCESS TO ESSENTIAL SUPPLIES?
A: Priority is being given to:
1. People in the high risk groups who MUST STAY AT HOME – Kaumātua and Kuia over 70, people with pre-existing conditions and people with low immunity.
2. Wāhine hapū.
3. Whānau with peepi and young children.
4. Whānau who live in isolated areas.
5. Whānau with tangata haua members.
6. Whānau with tangata whaiora members.
Q: WHAT ARE ESSENTIAL SUPPLIES?
A: Depending on the whānau situation, essential supplies may include Kai, Wai, Cleaning supplies, Connectivity, Accommodation, Fuel, Electricity, medication, PPEs.
Q: DO PEOPLE HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS SUPPORT?
A: Kahore! No!
Q: HOW IS NGATI KAHU ABLE TO OFFER SUPPORT?
A: As a small iwi we have maximised our reach and capacity through:
1. Whanaungatanga (relationships) that we have inside and outside our iwi.
2. Putea and rauemi from our Rūnanga, iwi members and government agencies.
3. Matauranga of our whānau, hapū and Marae leaders.
4. Tikanga guidance of Te Taumata Kaumātua o Ngāti Kahu.
KO TE AMORANGI KI MUA – KO TE HAPAI O KI MURI
Nga mihi aroha. Nā,
Te Rūnanga-ā-Iwi o Ngāti Kahu
21A Parkdale Cres, Kaitāia
P O Box 392, Kaitāia 0410
P: 09 4083013
F: 09 4084093
C: 027 6960930